Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wavin' Flag

- The bus drivers who drove us from Chennai to Mahabalipuram and back were straight out of the Three Stooges. Hilarious.
- When we were in Kolkata we volunteered in Mother Teresa's ministry. We worked in Daya Dan, a home for handicapped children. The children were beautiful and it broke my heart that we could only help out one day. I loved Kolkata and I really hope to go back and explore more someday.
- While I was on the bus going to volunteer I heard some guys singing K'naan. It was beautiful.
- Later, at Daya Dan, I talked to one of the guys who was singing K'naan. Turns out he's transferring to Hope next year.
- Yesterday (in Varanasi) lots of beautiful children begged me to take their picture. I was happy to oblige.
- Today a man holding a machine gun told me that he likes my sari.

No comments:

Post a Comment