Tuesday, February 16, 2010

All that I have seen teaches me to trust God for all I have not seen

The number one response when I tell people I'm a political science major: "Um...why?" Number two: "Well...what are you going to DO with that?" My number one response? "I don't know." Throughout the past year I have seriously considered law school, Peace Corps, overseas missions, grad school, and simply finding a crappy job and living in Chicago for awhile. Next year I'm going to take the GRE, take the LSAT, and apply to go into the Peace Corps with not a clue about how seriously I am considering any of those options. I have no idea where I will be in a year.

The truly awesome part is that I am not scared of this one bit. I deliver my "I don't know"s with a smile. I know that I don't have to have my career all picked out at age 22. I know that if I'm not married at 22 that doesn't mean I'll be lonely forever. But the bigger reason that I'm not scared is that I have learned to trust God. I know that he'll show me the next step that I need to take, and that's all I need to know.

1 comment:

  1. i like this, maria!
    it's so hard to trust and wait, and it makes me so happy to see a good friend have the patience to wait for God to do His work.

    :)

    ReplyDelete