Tuesday, January 26, 2010

'81

just putting this here so i have it mostly.

http://pitchfork.com/news/37690-new-joanna-newsom-song/

i found a little plot of land in the garden of eden
it was dirt and dirt is all the same
i tilled it with my two hands and i called it my very own
there was no one to dispute my claim

well you'd be shocked at the state of things
the whole place had just cleared right out
it was hotter'n hell, so i lay me by the spring for a spell, naked as a trout
the wandering eye that i have caught is as hot as a wandering sun
but i will want for nothing more in the garden
start again in my heart and into every heart but one

meet me in the garden of eden
bring a friend we are going to have ourselves a time
we are gonna have a garden party
it's on me, no siree, it's my dime
we broke our hearts in the war between st. george and the dragon
but both in equal parts are welcome to come along
we're inviting everyone

farewell to loves that i have known
even muddiest waters run
tell me what is meant by sittin' alone in the garden
see the __union in the year of 81.
the honor in __ might be done
i believe in innocence, little darling, start again.
i believe in anyone. ___ i believe in everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment